Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Great Barrier Grief (Contd.)

I introduced him my life situation, and explained how important to my survival it was to exchange words with the Creative Director. I was of course a lot more eloquent than I am in this description, but it really didn’t matter. The Creative Director was out for a meeting. I thanked the secretary and promised to call again.

24 hours later, I dialed again. This time was different. He was out to lunch. I looked at my watch. 3 pm. Hmmmm… this must be the time creative people eat lunch. I made a note to make this important change to my schedule. I wondered if it deserved mention on my resume. Would that give me an edge?

Okay, thank you. I’ll call again, I told the secretary.

I called.

He’s out on a shoot.

So I called again.

He’s out of town.

And again.

He’s out to meet a client.

And again.

He’s out of his mind.

That wasn’t Mr. Secy. That was me. I’d had enough. So I called the next agency on my list. And then the next. On it went this way, till I realized that the Great Barrier Grief had its slimy tentacles across the entire coast of advertising.

1 comment:

fob said...

You have a great blog going. One of the best Indian blogs. Great Music too. Keep going...